Menu
robinbeynon1
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Email

I lost my blueyonder email last October (2020), unable to reconnect. Also cannot log in to my Virgin account, password unrecognised. My monthly invoices are emailed to blueyonder address, so cannot use that to help signing in. Have written to Sunderland complaints 3 times, but no result. Please help!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email

was teh email address linked to your current account or was it created on a passed (now canelled) account
0 Kudos
robinbeynon1
Joining in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Email address was in the original Virgin account - 15 years ago??!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

so it was never moved to your new account. It should have been deleted 90 days after you left.
It will be classed as an orphaned account

see here for info
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/m-p/3492073#M173058
0 Kudos
robinbeynon1
Joining in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

But I’ve “never left”!! Emails just stopped, & with the pandemic can’t speak with anyone. Had to get this gmail a/c. I want to get my blueyonder emails again, to get into my PC, which has gone down...

0 Kudos
robinbeynon1
Joining in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Reconnecting email

I lost my blueyonder email 6 months ago and am unable to contact anyone to get it up again. How do I do that?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reconnecting email

I have merged your two threads. Do not start a new thread when you have existing thread on the same issue, which is giving you help. Against Forum rules. I have now spent time on this move to keep your thread s together rather than considering your issue. Not a good move for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@robinbeynon1 

Other VM users have tried to help you by asking you answer questions about what is going on here, but thus far you have not given a clear answer so we can't diagnose the problem for you and decide what the best course of action should be.

Inexplicable as well that you have left the situation rum for six months when you complaints have gone unheeded. There can't be any urgency then and yet you make duplicate posts in separate threads which waste time and effort of the volunteers who come here to help.

And how would it help you anyway when you say your "PC has gone down". Just more confusion about what is going on. No working PC, no email either?

And understand this as well. This Forum is not a means of direct access to VM tech support. You get help first from other users. If we think the VM staff here need to intervene then we will pass you on to them.

So let's ask the questions again in a form that you may hopefully understand and have the good grace respond to properly:

1. What happens if you try to log in to your BY address at mail2.virginmedia.com

2. If you get an error message - what is it?

3. Is this BY address linked to your current VM broadband account in My Virginmedia, at least as far as you know (you said your were having difficulty getting into MyVM too).

4. What on earth do you mean by "PC gone down". Did it crash and as result you lost access to your email? Or what? 

When we can be clear on the position you will get accurate advice on what to do next. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

6 months non-access is simple.
Yu must log into VM email every 3 months to keep it active.
So if you've had no access for 6 months it will have been closed
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Let's not jump to conclusions until we know what is happening. The account may simply be deactivated and not yet deleted.

0 Kudos