Menu
Drocket
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Email

My email account can receive emails but will not send. ???

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email

What email program are you using?

Can you send using webmail?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Drocket
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you kindly for your reply. I am using Microsoft outlook and have also tried sending from the VM site. Same problem. Can receive but will not send. Same problem exists through all. PC, IPad or Phone.

Not very technical so dont know what webmail is.

Derek

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you seeing any error messages?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

First I would suggest to following to find the error that you are getting on your email client :- Look here to get the error logs:- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Outgoing-Authentication-Issues-Check-Email-Logs/td-p/3237..., if you do have an VM305 error then more than likely the spambot was asleep as spamhaus will automatically remove after 2 days of no spam activity, if error then follow :- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Searching-for-Spambots-on-your-network/td-p/40...

You can check your listing yourself but there is no point requesting removal until you have found and deleted the spambot. https://www.spamhaus.org/query and type in your external IP you can gets this my typing "whats my ip" into google.

If you are running Hola VPN Free, then note But Hola Free VPN is anything but a VPN.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Drocket
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you kindly for your reply but this is all not understandable to me. I am not technical so looking for a simple fix.

Thank you any way for your time

0 Kudos
Drocket
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The message that comes back indicates there is no network connection and the email will be sent next time I connect to the network.

This is bizarre, I am connected to the network as my other email address works.

0 Kudos