Menu
Glenpooler
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email

I can’t send emails I’ve changed my password that didn’t help so I went into my virgin email on the virgin site and in the from box this is what I saw 

Vincent chen(then my name and email) 

nit got a clue what to do 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email

@Glenpooler wrote:

nit got a clue what to do 

If you do not know where the "Vincent Chen" came from then the first thing you must do is to follow all the instructions here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

The only thing I would add is that the instructions describe how to check whether an Autoforward has been set up but you also need to check for any Filter Rules as well. You will see "Filter Rules" on the option list a little further down from "Autoforward".

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Glenpooler
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much I’ll follow ur instructions I’ve just been going round in circles on the virgin help couldn’t sort it 

thanks again

regards

glen

0 Kudos
Glenpooler
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes it’s worked thanks so much 👍

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Glenpooler wrote:

I’ll follow ur instructions

To sort out the "Vincent chen" issue, you need to sign in to the "My Virgin Media" account  on this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn   using your email address and password.

Then click on"My Profile" and you will see this screen:

user name.png

You can then click on "Change" next to "Vincent chen"  and change it back to your name. That will then show up correctly on your sent messages.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos