Menu
Kenleonard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email

Hi. I closed my Virgin Media account last year and was informed that I’d lose my email account. I set up mail forwarding on my Virgin email (blueyonder) and an out of office message showing my new email address. The problem is the Virgin email account is still active after nearly a year but I have no access to it. I’m receiving lots of spam now to both email addresses. I’ve contacted Virgin Media but the problem persists. Can anyone help?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email

Someone from Virgin can delete it for you, wait until a virgin staff member gets to your post 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kenleonard
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kenloanard,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you've been receiving a lot of unwanted emails to your old email account. We do advise that the email account will be deleted 90 days after your account has been closed, but sometimes they can take longer and fall through the net,

I'll pop you over a quick PM so I can delete the mailbox for you. Please find my message at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey @Kenleonard,

Just a quick update to let you know that IT have closed down that email account for you now and it is no longer active.

If there's anything else you need from us, please don't hesitate to get in touch 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your week and have a fab weekend!

Beth

Kenleonard
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth that’s great. Thanks for your help. 

Ken

0 Kudos