Menu
Von21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Email

Could someone please tell me how to get past the sign in page to my emails?  It just does those three grey circles until it times out.

I’m afraid I don’t know computer speak, so if you could break it down for me in easy to understand language, that would be great.

Thanks so much.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email

Try using an incognito/private browser window and go directly to this URL:

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Von21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering so quickly, but what is an incognito/private browser?
0 Kudos
Seffrid
Superfast
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are current problems with the email service which may be causing your access difficulty. It shouldn't be necessary to do anything beyond what you've done already, so I'd suggest waiting for the problem to be resolved. See the top stickied thread on this forum (the one at the very top of the forum about an intermittent email issue, and in the meantime keep trying to connect and you may strike lucky!
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It depends on which browser you are using.  For instance if using Google Chrome this is how to open an incognito window:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

The process will be similar in other browsers such as Edge, Firefox or Internet Explorer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Von21
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Okay, I’m on Safari with Bing engine search - that’s the extent of my knowledge, but I’m really impressed with that long link you sent me; thanks for going to so much trouble.
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And here is how to get a private browsing session in Safari:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/ibrw1069/mac#:~:text=Open%20a%20Private%20Browsing%20wi....

Just Google for it and all is revealed

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

DMN
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem for 2 days and posted earlier headed “Email poor service”. I am not impressed that this has gone on for two days at all. To be told to keep trying is frustrating.

0 Kudos
Von21
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much HowardML, I got in - hurray!

The emails would open but not show any content - boo!

I just kept trying one after another until the one with my Zoom link finally became visible... only 10 minutes late for my meeting.

What a great start to my first dip into this community.

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Do you want some frank advice?

I'm glad we were able to help. But there is something you should be doing for your yourself. And that is providing some back-up to your e-mail service while you are working at home (which you clearly are). You need resilience. When I spent a short time working from home as a consultant before I retired I used two e-mail addresses to correspond with my business partners. That is what you should do. You have access to Apple mail. Use that address as well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more