I am not receiving emails through my virgin media email address can anyone help
0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email

This is a community forum, not a mind-reading service.  We need more information on your status and what you are seeing.

Are you a VM broadband customer?  Is your email address linked to the billing account?

How are you trying to access the email address - via a client or webmail?  What browser, what device?  What error message do you get?

Does the information here perhaps help:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cf07
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No need for the attitude was only looking for some general help but won’t bother thanks to your reply cheeky madam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

well you were never going to get any help with that much info.

What you need to do to fix it if the following.
Do something that makes it work!
coenoby
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Cf07 wrote:

only looking for some general help

I am not receiving emails through my virgin media email address can anyone help

Ok then, let's start again. 😉 I just hope I'm not wasting my time.

You don't say whether you are accessing your VM emails via a third party app on your phone or device or whether you are using the VM webmail service via your browser. So, the first thing is to log into your email account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and check whether you can see recent emails in your inbox.

If you can see the missing emails in the Webmail inbox that suggests you normally use an email app to check your email and we need to know what error message you are seeing before anyone can help you further.

However, if there are no emails in the Webmail inbox you should:

• Click the System menu icon (3 horizontal bars) on the right side of the menu bar and then click the Settings menu item.
  • Expand the Email option.
  • Select 'Filter rules' and see if someone has set up a filter or autoforward to block you from seeing your incoming emails

If someone has set up a filter you need to follow all the instructions here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked because it is a clear sign that your email has been hacked. You will also need to check any online accounts such as Amazon that are linked to your VM email address because the hacker will have gained access to then as well.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer