cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email using EM Client

Retepdrallub
Tuning in

Virgin recently forced me to use a third party email to access my Virgin account.  I have a password they generated with four words separated by dashes.  I can access Virginmedia through my browser and then click on the link to get to me emails.  This works.

I cannot send emails from Em client or Thunderbird.  I can read my emails through both (using POP) but the Virgin email SMTP server reports an error VM304 when I try to send.  Sometimes it reports my credentials are invalid.

I have rung Virgin.  Because I can access and send emails through the browser they say there is no problem and appear not to know what VM304 is.  A Google search suggests my emails may be blocked at the server.

Does anyone else use EM client ?  and if so could you tell me what settings to use?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Retepdrallub
Tuning in

Just changed everything in EMclient back to the starting position with my Ntlworld address.  It now all works.  I think there must have previously been a problem at Virgins end that has gone away.    This is not what tech support told me to do.

I have been with Virgin for 25 years and yesterday evening tech support said my ntlworld address does not exist.  Apparently they can only see the new third party email address !

Sorry for bothering everybody

Hi Retepdrallub,

Thanks so much for posting this question and resolution for this problem, I apologise that our Faults Team couldn't help. But I am glad to hear you managed to get it sorted through some tweaking on your side 😊

If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to reach out again!

Thanks,

Megan_L