Menu
hfloyd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email username/password not recognised

I have been unable to access two ntlworld email accounts since Monday.

Using samsung email I get the message "SIGN IN AGAIN - there was a problem signing into your account"

And through a browser I get the message "we didnt recognise the username or password you entered"

I've tried to change the password through the vm website but it doesn't recognise my security question, dob or billing details

Looking back it seems I'm not the only one who has had this problem but I  can't find any answers

Please can someone help? These email accounts are needed asap

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email username/password not recognised

Can you confirm that the email accounts concerned are correctly linked to your current VM broadband account?

They can become detached, especially if you have moved house or had a break in service since they were first created.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hfloyd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham - thanks for the reply

Yes, they're both connected to the current VM account, one of which is the main account holder email.

There have been no changes whatsoever since the emails were set up years ago. I've had continous service at the same address without any issues for over 20 years. It makes no sense to me.

Any help greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I will ask the VM Forum Team to get involved.  They should be able to help you and investigate what is going on.

Watch for a response from them here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hfloyd
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @hfloyd,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are unable to access your email accounts. I will pop you a PM now so we can clear security and take a closer look into this for you.

Speak soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos