Menu
Pliny69
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Email username and / or password no longer recognised.... unable to sign in .... please advise.

Can not log into my virgin email account any more ... on new devices .... says password and username incorrect ..... had the email for over 20 years ... no problem till now ..... contacted virgin twice .... 1st time said problem their end  , now fixed... still not working ..... 2nd time no idea how to fix it ? 

Any ideas anyone .

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email username and / or password no longer recognised.... unable to sign in .... please advise.

Hello

Is the email account attached to your VM broadband account ?

Can you access by the webmail https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pliny69
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email username and / or password no longer recognised.... unable to sign in .... please advise.

Hi , 

I don't have any other services by Virgin   and that's the link I always try but does not recognise my details .

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am afraid that as you dont have any services from VM then all the forum staff can do is delete the account, as to be able to use the virginmedia emails you need an active broadband account, once leaving the account should have been deleted after 90 days.

See https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021 basically your account is an orphaned account and these can be  deleted at any time after 90 after leaving VM.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pliny69
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi , 

I've had this email account for over 20 Years , before I had any VM services , when I had VM services and now when I've now got no other VM services .

The email is still in operation, receive and send do problem ..... and my wife and i have everything, and I do mean everything , linked into this email .

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pliny69,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are unable to get into your email account, I am sorry as advised beccause you no longer have the services with us we are unable to do anything our end except permanently delete this for you.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Pliny69
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please do not deleate anything .... I have everything linked to this email account and I mean everything .

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pliny69,

Rest assured we will not do anything unless you request us to do so.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos