Menu
Elliejones1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Email urgent help

Hi,

I have had my email account for years and when I tried to send an email today it went straight to my outbox. So I tried to reset my password but virgin media don’t recognise my email. I can still receive emails but I can’t sent them. Please can you see if my account is still active.  [MOD EDIT PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

it’s really urgent and I need access to this emails to send some important documents!

thanks in advance,

ellie 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email urgent help

Are you able to sign into webmail?

On what type of device and email client are you see the email remain in the Outbox folder?

Are you still a customer of Virgin Media's broadband service; this is a condition of use for their email service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Elliejones1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

i can’t sign in on the web as it doesn’t recognise my email. I sent emails fine from my account yesterday, however I tried to today and it didn’t work so I tried to reset my password and it doesn’t recognise me. I’ve been using my phone for sending emails but I can’t get on the web. However, I am receiving emails fine from people I Just can’t send. 

I don’t think I am a customer broadband member anymore, but I haven’t been for a while and my email has continued to work till today. I haven’t had any communications about the account closing down either. 

Is there any way to reactivate this for a day or so, just so I can reply to some important emails and sort my account out?

many thanks

ellie 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not.  You should have been informed at the time you ended your contact that the email address would be closed after 90 days.

Whilst you still have access via your phone take the opportunity to save important emails before you lose access completely.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Elliejones1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply. 

I haven’t had any communication, I have looked through my emails and I haven’t had any emails to mention that. Can you see that my account is not deactivated or is it just a password error?

thanks

Ellie

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Only the VM staff have access to that information.  They will reach this thread in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Elliejones1 wrote:

I haven’t had any communication, I have looked through my emails and I haven’t had any emails to mention that. Can you see that my account is not deactivated or is it just a password error?

You maybe able to determine why you cannot send but the priority should be to save any important emails whilst you can.

To help determine the cause you can either:

• use an email client's logging function, read more here Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs
  • use the curl command (if available to your operating system):
    curl -v -url smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com" --user  <email-address>
    where email-address is your email address; when prompted enter your password and then review the resulting output
0 Kudos
Elliejones1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. But confused though as I don’t have an Microsoft office account ? Do I need to try and log in via outlook?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry did not mean to confuse matter. Let's take a step back and look at how you read your emails, is this on a:

• mobile device (smart phone / tablet) then logging maybe possible if the email app used provides it
  • laptop / desktop then logging maybe possible depending on the operating system (BSD, Linux, MacOS, Windows, etc) being used
0 Kudos