Menu
Espress
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Email unavailable

Hi. I am a VM broadband customer. I haven’t had access to my email account since midday yesterday. It’s an active ntlworld account. I can log into My Virgin Media (and I have done so to change my password last night), but when I select Email the message comes up ‘Sorry, your mailbox is unavailable. Try again in one hour, etc, etc’

I’ve tried a new browser, delete cookies as standard practice, tried in Outlook and on VM website.

Please can someone help enable my email.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lambo19555
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email unavailable

Same issue here with my son's account for the past week now almost! One FAQ page says it is possible to manually fix this by resetting (not just changing) your password:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-account-is-locked

Unfortunately you have to fill in your security question but for a lot of people it seems there's an error since it doesnt accept the answer even though he's able to sign into his virgin account and change the security question and answer before doing it! Still its worth a go if you haven't tried that yet.

Currently just waiting for someone to acknowledge my issue as well and hopefully get the account reactivated for him.

0 Kudos
Espress
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for advice, Lambo19555. I’ve reset my password (through ‘forgotten password’) now too, but sadly still no access to my mailbox

0 Kudos
Espress
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Update:

I got through to ‘Faults’ yesterday on the 0345 number, and they could find nothing wrong - saying my account showed ‘enabled’.

I texted a VM agent through chat bot  and they said my account was ‘locked’. They asked for a password reset through secure forms and said 

“I have unlocked the email address and it will take 24 hours for the email address to get unlocked.”

I tried again to access my email account after waiting more than 24 hours - and it still says mailbox unavailable etc, etc.

Please can somebody help?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Espress

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the email issue. 

I'll PM you now as all it needs seemingly is for it to be re-enabled.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Espress

Thanks for your message. Sending me a PM with the details means it's a Private Message and not visible to the forums

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Espress
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

I’m grateful to have your help with this. But sadly it’s still not working...

0 Kudos
Espress
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Is anyone able to help me, please? Has John left for the day? I haven’t had a reply for 2 hours, and the issue isn’t fixed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Espress
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning John

Really hoping you can sort this for me today.

Kind regards

Sarah

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Espress

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, we've got the mailbox unlocked. If you do need anything in the future, please publicly post and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

All the best going forward, 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team