Menu
snozzle
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Email unavailable

I am not receiving all emails received using Thunderbird. If I sign in using My Virgin Media I get a message saying email has not been set up, which it has 18 months ago. If I try and sign in via mail.virginmedia.com I get a "mailbox unavailable" message. According to an existing post I need to start a new post.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email unavailable

Welcome to the Community.

The message you report when signing into your My Virgin Media account suggests that the email account you are having problems with isn't attached to your current VM broadband account.

Does the email address concerned relate to an old account? Have you perhaps moved house without transferring your previous account?

The advice as to what happens next depends on the answers.

The Forum Team should reach this in a day or so and will be able to advise further, depending on your answers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
snozzle
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I set up a secondary email account approx 18 months ago and it has been working fine in Thunderbird. However, last week a friend texted me saying he had sent an email and to give him a call once I'd read it. After several hours and him resending the email there was no sign of it in my inbox in Thunderbird. That's when I tried signing in from my web browser but got the error messages. He eventually sent the email to a gmail account I have and it came through fine but when I tried forwarding it to my VM email it didn't get through again. Tried getting help through the "chat" system but that was sooo slow and once they suggested clearing browser cache I lost the chat window.

I haven't moved house and I've never had problems before with this email address and some emails are still getting through so I wondered if the system had put the original email in a spam folder but as I can't sign in I can't check it.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @snozzle

It defiantly sounds like we need to active the account on our end. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that we can get some account information. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope on the top right corner. 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi @snozzle

Thanks for joining us in a Private Message and for the information about the error. I have taken another look at the details and cannot find anything wrong so it may be something in the back tables for your email account. I've raised an IT ticket so they can take a look and please allow 7 days for them to investigate the issue.

I'll update you one they get back to my ticket and fingers crossed it's an easy fix for them.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
snozzle
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa.

As of this morning I am unable to access my emails for the account [REMOVED] using Mozilla Thunderbird. This means I now have NO access to this email account at all now.

Regards
Nick Orant

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick,

Thanks for letting me know. Please wait for IT to get back to me regarding your email account as I've asked them to check on the webmail end. We'll be able to go from there depending on what they say 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi @snozzle

I've had confirmation that this has been resolved by IT, are you able to try again and let us know if you can access your email account?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
snozzle
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No, still not working.Screenshot 4.jpg

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, 

Is this the same via a 3rd party client?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos