forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
dommer2000
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Email unavailable

I've not had any emails from my ntlworld.com address for about 4 days - I only realised this this morning when I tried emailing myself from my work address.  My Ntlworld.com emails are forwarded to my gmail account, so I only realised due to expected emails not arriving.

I have some critical, time sensitive issues that have to be resolved this morning by email - please can you give this urgent attention?

0 Kudos
dommer2000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email

I've also lost access to my email, and I think it's been down since Friday - nothing is getting forwarded from my Ntlworld.com address to my gmail address.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi dommer2000

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the email issues. I can see you've spoke to the team today, were you able to get access to the mails after speaking to them? Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dommer2000
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've only managed to get access via an outlook email client.  I still get the "Forbidden" page when I try to login via the virgin media browser URL.  I've tried clearing cache, restarting, different browsers and 5 different devices on windows, Mac os, IOS and android, all with the same result.

It seems that a forwarding rule I set up over 5 years ago was suddenly deemed a security risk, and the account was locked.  The "Forbidden" problem seems quite common - why is there no fix for it?  I need to get access to the account in the webmail to reinstate the forwarding rule.  Please help - I was told that this would be addressed in a couple of weeks, but I don't believe that, and I don't think that is good enough service, especially when this is a known problem.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post Dommer2000.

Can we please confirm if you've already tried to reset the password on this account? 

If so, could you please confirm if this is the main email address on the account or is this a secondary mailbox? 

Is this attached to an active Virgin Media account?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
dommer2000
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes, someone from the helpdesk reset the password, but if I try to log in using the new password, I get the forbidden page (although it works in the outlook client).  I don't want to try resetting it until I can get access to the webmail, in case I lose access to email via the outlook client.

Yes, this is the main email address

Yes, it is attached to a virgin media account

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information, so just to confirm there has been a password reset done and this hasn't worked? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
dommer2000
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin Media support guy reset the password, and he was able to log into my webmail account where he was.  I can log into it via an email client, but I can't access it via webmail.  So the password reset has worked, but I still don't have access via webmail, only by the outlook email client.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So if our team have checked that it's accessible through the web-mail, have you tried to access this with a different device or web browser as there must be a reason we're able to get through to this but you're unable to on your side. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
dommer2000
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

I'll refer you to the message I gave above:
" I still get the "Forbidden" page when I try to login via the virgin media browser URL. I've tried clearing cache, restarting, different browsers and 5 different devices on windows, Mac os, IOS and android, all with the same result."
0 Kudos