cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email unavailable or locked

David1414
Joining in

My email has not been accessible for over a week now.  The error message is "Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable"  The following note states that it may be locked or that there is not an active account.  Nothing has changed at my end just the loss of my email. The suggested steps for resolving this don't work because there is no means of managing mail. 

This is a @virginmedia.com address.  

I have phoned the helpline 6 times to date with no success.  I have raised this as an ongoing complaint with Virgin who quite frankly don't care.  I am DESPERATE - any help would be much appreciated.

I appreciate that Virgin along with other providers are moving away from providing email accounts but at the moment I am desperate to gain access to my mail since I know there is important information there that I need now.  

9 REPLIES 9

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi David1414, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with accessing your mailbox. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

cathie
On our wavelength

Me too, although for not as long. Desperate.

I'm also have this problem

Hi there @cathie and @Aliburgess1 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are both also facing this issue. Can I ask if you both have current and active broadband accounts that these emails are attached to? 

Hi @Ashleigh_C , I am still with Virginmedia, but it is a separate email used to access MyVM. So I believe the answer to your question is no, the MyVM account is no longer active.

cathie
On our wavelength

Mine has been sorted out now by your colleague, thanks

I certainly have a current and active broadband and tv package with VM.  It is the 3rd contract that I have had with VM due to a change of address.  The email address has been with me from the start.  Could it be that it has to be associated with my latest contract rather than the original one?  

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@David1414 That is entirely possible as each time you move you need request a 'Move & Transfer' of the old account to the new one.

Have you replied to the private message that VM Forum Team member @Kath_F sent you on 1 November?  She should be able to help investigate your current issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, David1414. Thanks for posting your replies and for the info shared, my colleague Kath has messaged you privately about this recently - have you been able to get help and resolve the access issues?

About your question above, to explain this better when moving homes we move you to a new account too as the account is attached to the property.  
If your email has been associated/registered with an older account you may not be able to use this email and register for MyVM online, however we have ways to resolve this for you.

Let us know if you have access to your emails again now and if you need anything more, happy to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs