Menu
JuraGirl
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email unavailable - again!

Hello, I have read the pinned posts inviting customers who have this issue to start a new post, so here it is.

I have the sorry email is unavailable, try again in an hour message. I have tried again every hour that I have been awake since around midday yesterday (29 July).

I had this issue back in June and it took 3 weeks to get my email back. Now 3 weeks later I have the same problem again. I sent a PM last night to the very helpful Tom_F at Virgin who dealt with the problem last time, but I realise he may not be around so I’m trying for a response here as well.

Many thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email unavailable - again!

Hi there @JuraGirl

Cheers for popping back - Tom is off for a few days currently so I am sorry he missed your Private Message. 

Sorry to understand that you're having issues with your email once again - I have located your account from the previous messages with Tom. There are notes on your account to advise that we did send you a letter and text message about this yesterday will full explanation and instructions on how to resolve. Have you received this as yet? 

If not, please reset your password for me and let me know how you get on - I have enabled the mailbox from this end for you. 

Keep me posted with how you get on after the password reset and we'll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JuraGirl
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much @Katie_WT. I didn’t get a letter or text. However it’s been working since your reset and I didn’t need to change the password. Should I do it anyway? 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@JuraGirl wrote:

Thanks very much @Katie_WT. I didn’t get a letter or text. However it’s been working since your reset and I didn’t need to change the password. Should I do it anyway? 

I'm not @Katie_WT but I'm sure she would say yes, change the password to one you have never used before anywhere.  Also change the answers to your security questions.

You should also follow all the steps set out here, with particular attention to the auto forward and filter sections:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JuraGirl 

Glad to hear that you're able to access your emails. After any issues we'd advise you to change the password to something secure. 

If you have any further issues or queries please pop back and we'll do our best to help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JuraGirl
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again - thanks for all the help. I got my email back but it’s now not working yet again - I have the same message as before.

Can anyone help - again?

0 Kudos