Menu
NicolaGyte
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email terminated after 30 days

Moved home 23 Dec 2020 - Virgin Media were unable to provide services to my new address - was charged a huge termination fee and now access to my email has been cut off after just 30 days - i was told by phone this should happen after 60 days and on the web it suggests cut-off is 90 days???

It's so incredibly difficult to speak to anyone or get definitive answers - not really sure how to get this resolved or even how i will receive replies as my email has been terminated - can anybody HELP!???? 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email terminated after 30 days

@NicolaGyte You should be able to continue accessing the email account using an email client such as Thunderbird or Blue Mail. The settings needed are here: virgin-media-configure-email-settings 

Webmail access is always first to go an can happen within the 90 days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NicolaGyte
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham - i rarely used virgin webmail - I used MS Outlook to receive emails on PC and the iphone client server on my 'phone which i assume are client servers and use the same imap settings?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@NicolaGyte wrote:

Thank you Graham - i rarely used virgin webmail - I used MS Outlook to receive emails on PC and the iphone client server on my 'phone which i assume are client servers and use the same imap settings?

Ok, in that case can you try to access the email via webmail and report back what, if any, fault message you get? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos