Menu
rhba15971
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Email take over

I have an old blueyonder.co.uk email account which is my secondary email account, and have had Virgin Media association for over 20 years.

I usually access my blueyonder emails via Mail on my iPad but I haven't had any through for about a week.  I went to sign into the email account via Virginmedia.com, but my password wouldn't work.  So I went through the security questions route - but it seems those answers have changed, as I couldn't successfully get in.

It's now telling me they can send me a link to the recovery email address:  Essayadiii@gmail.com

This is NOT my recovery account, so someone has taken over my whole account.  My Virgin Mobile account has not been taken over though.

How do I get back access to the account?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email take over

If you still have access to the primary My Virgin Media account then you can change the password of the secondary account.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rhba15971
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear.  I can sign into my Virgin Mobile account, but I cannot sign into the My Virgin Media account, which is the one that seems to have had all the security details changed on it

😕

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry, my mistake, I misread your post.  Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile accounts are not currently connected.

I will escalate this issue to the VM Forum Team so that it should get into their priority queue for a response.

They will respond here in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhba15971,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a few problems with accessing your online account.

I'll send you over a PM now so I can take a closer look into what's happened. Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
rhba15971
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I responded last night

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team