Menu
Spamhead57
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Email - suspicious activity

I've received a letter from Virgin media telling me my account has been locked due to 'suspicious activity' and that it's possible 'unauthorised persons have accessed (my) account'. The compromised address is my wife's. The letter goes on to recommend running anti virus scans and changing passwords which I've done.

The thing is that this is the third such letter I've had this year, each time it's the same email address cited and each time I've taken the recommended security actions so what is going on here and what should I do? The letter does not give details about the suspicious activity saying only that it's 'not as a result of a breach of our systems'. How can I find out exactly what the suspicious activity is?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email - suspicious activity

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum Spamhead57, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the E-Mail account, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me to solve this issues.

In regards to the suspicious activity on the account, I'll see if I can find out what may be causing this also, by liaising with our IT team

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos