Menu
stevemawson
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email stopped working

My email stopped at 1130 this morning say wrong password I’ve not changed anything

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email stopped working

@stevemawson wrote:

My email stopped at 1130 this morning say wrong password I’ve not changed anything

Your first step should be to try using the 'Forgotten email or password?' option from the email sign in page https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  - just click on 'password' on the sign in page to reset your password.

You will have to answer the security question you set in your 'My Virgin Media' account.

If that is successful it would be a good idea to follow the advice here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked just in case someone has hacked your account.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
stevemawson
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but the link you provided just takes me to a page *your email is not available try later’

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try this route instead:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stevemawson
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham that has worked. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good news.

You should still follow all the steps set out in the 2nd link that coenoby posted at message 2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos