cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email stop working

alan21
Joining in

Downloaded ok, but on replying to one of them it stopped working. It seems there is a spam system that was triggered. Why it happened I have no idea, and trying to get VM to sort it out took a day and a half and was a complete pain, with VM either not fully understand the problem, or me to change my email PW and try again the next day with no success. The next day speaking again to another VM worker whose English was poor and hard to understand eventually said give her 15 minutes and she will ring back. 30 minutes later it still did not work, so she went away for another 10minutes, and we tried again, and it worked. This by anyone's standard is a poor service. My email has stopped at least 3 times in the past over a number of years, where the fault has been what VM has done at their end, and trying to sort it becomes a pain and many hours on the phone. I have other emails before I joined the then NTL that, to this day, have never let me down.

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that that you were unable to access your mail for a few days. 

Whilst we do all we can to keep the services up and running, the spam filters are there for your protection. Usually when an email is locked due to this, a simple password change to something never been used before on the account will unlock the email within an hour or so. 

In your case I can only apologise if this didn't happen. Whilst we are unable to offer a 100% fault free service, we do promise to fix things as quickly as we can. 

Going forward, if this happens again, follow the advice in this thread here. If things still aren't working, you can come back to us in the Community instead of calling. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs