cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email still down (:

Andyboyo
Joining in

Please

29/06 Received email to inform me that email service would be unavailable to me between midnight 29/06 till 6AM the following morning while essential work was carried out. Today 02/07 at 7PM I can still not log into my email accounts using my email client which is Thunderbird.

Virgin what is happening this is getting beyond ridiculous.

Andy H

5 REPLIES 5

mck64
Just joined

Agreed, and email directly through a browser ain't much better.

My email keeps saying server unreachable and i have no access to any emails before 20 June.  really frustrating as i need the info in them to invoice clients. Yet my wifes account has access to all the old emails and email folders. 

VM really have messed up. They like telling me an engineer is in my area,.... but its still not fixed. Absolutely disgracefull. Need some serious compensation for this mess. 

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andyboyo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your email service. 

Can you confirm if you have been able to try logging in via webmail?

^Martin

Hi Martin

I tried Webmail and yes I could log in but the speed was woefull... In short I do not wish to use Webmail, I have Used Mozilla Thunderbird email client for many years but it appears there is a MAJOR issue with imap.virginmedia.com which is not getting resolved, the whole email saga this last couple of weeks is turning into a farce along with the lame appologetic emails I keeps receiving stating that engineers are working flat out on resolving the problems!

I will not put up with this for much longer, the lack of email service along with the extortionate price hikes and silly marketing campaigns that are funded by Virgin customers I have just about had enough!

As a final comment; I suggest Virginmedia stop waisting ridiculous amounts of money on silly marketing campaigns and channel some of the customers money in the direction of better customer support or an infastructure that is capable of being supported in a timely and efficient manner.

Andy

Hi Martin, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear about the issues which you are having with the email service. we are working on this issue and hopefully will have this resolved soon.

In regards to the package price we would ask you to call the customer relations team on 0345 454 1111 options 1 , 4 and 4. 

Kind regards, Chris.