Menu
Richard_Peters
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email sender blocked

I have been exchanging emails with a private email address for years and suddenly his emails no longer come through to me; Neither are they in my spam folder. Other people on the same address list receive their copies.

If I ask him to send his emails to my GMail address they come through to that, but if I forward them to my ntl address they don't come through. 

If one of the other recipients replies with 'reply all' I then received the email string.

When I tried to forward one of his emails from my GMail address to my NTL address I got a notification 'Connection refused (111) error. I believe this means (having Googled it) that SMPT restrictions need to be disabled.

Can you please wort this out - it is very inconvenient and is holding work up.

Richard Peters [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email sender blocked

Does the other person get any bounce back message?  In order to investigate, VM would need to know the result of the send process.  Ask the sender to give you the bounce back message, or check the logs from sending, and give you the details of that.  It may be that the sender needs to fix some settings at his end.  Or, VM can investigate what is happening if they have the logs that show the message details including time and date and delivery codes.  They cannot search millions of random records to find the needle in the haystack.

You can post the details here BUT DELETE THE FIRST PART OF ANY EMAIL ADDRESS.  Or just tell us that you have the information - and the Forum Team (VM employees) can request you send it privately.

This link may help the sender if he needs to enable logging - or a web search may assist if he uses a programme other than outlook or thunderbird.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Outgoing-Authentication-Issues-Check-Email-Logs/td-p/3237...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Richard_Peters
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email sender blocked

No, he doesn't get a bounce-back message. he now tells me he thinks he has a problem at his end which needs investigating. Something to do with his emails being on two servers but I don't think he really understands. So I'm waiting to hear what his tech man finds or does before trying to d anymore at my end.