Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email retrieval

Hi Can anyone help. I have a old tinyonline email address and up to now have had no problems getting emails, but a few days ago it started asking for credentials to be verified. I cab send emails but not receive. This happened before with Virgin broadband and had to change the incoming server, have they changed it  again or do I need to do something else

Many thanks for any replies

david

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email retrieval

A quick internet search reveals the tiny online email settings can be found here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Email-settings-IMAP-amp-POP3/ta-p/2204399

This is not a Virgin Media broadband issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the settings are correct the error says the server does not support the encryption you have selected. I have tried all the options but no luck

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Suggest you try posting your issue on a Talk talk forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks will try that

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Freyadavy wrote:

the settings are correct the error says the server does not support the encryption you have selected. I have tried all the options but no luck

I agree with Graham that you need to go to the TalkTalk forum but I would add:

Did you note the following remark in the tinyonline.co.uk section of the link that Graham kindly gave you?

"Some email applications might ask you to configure the (Incoming) Authentication in Advanced Settings: select “Password” or “Normal password” (make sure you do not use “MD5” or “Encrypted password”)."

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos