Menu
nh2012
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email rejected "spam content found"

I'm trying to send an email to friends with a link to software I have created and uploaded to my own domain (which is nothing to do with VM). However, this is consistently rejected with the above message, even when the link is to a text file. What exactly is the algorithm Virgin is using here, please, and how can I overcome it? I understand that EXE and similar attachments are blocked for good reasons, but I can't see any reason to block URLs of non-executable files, and indeed I'm sure I have sent emails containing them previously with no issues.

0 Kudos
nh2012
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email rejected "spam content found"

A little more information: sending links to a well-known site (e.g. www.streetmap.co.uk) works, but sending links to my personal site (xxxx.000webhostapp.com, which is a free web-hosting service) does not. However, links to my own domain, which simply redirect to that site (or rather, display a page from that site within a frame), do work.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email rejected "spam content found"

The matching data that spam filters use to identify spam is frequently updated and this can sometimes result in false positives however such misidentification tend to clear themselves in 6, 12, or 24 hours. If the false positive does not clear itself then post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.

Use a URL shortening service (or redirect from your own domain) to workaround the issue temporarily.

0 Kudos