Menu
CLIVETELFER
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Email receipt

We have an issue at my golf club whereby email newsletters from Intelligent Golf only get received by about half (30) of our members who have ntlworld.com email addresses. The other 30 all receive them without problem. Not ben able to get any response from Virgin Media support or from Intelligent Golf.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email receipt

Although it is of no real help to you there are at least two other threads on this board with issues receiving intelligent golf emails.

Edited to add:. I have raised this in the background with the forum management to see if they can investigate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

CLIVETELFER
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thnks. Not had any feedback from IntelligentGolf or Virgin Media thus far on this issue. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi CLIVETELFER,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Email services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I will contact the Internet Security team abut this for you who should be able to investigate why the emails are not being sent through. 

I may just need further information from you in order to send to the team so I'll send you a PM now so we can chat more privately. 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi CLIVETELFER, 

Thanks for waiting for me to get back to you, the internet security team have replied.

They have checked their servers however they cannot find any reason why the email would be being blocked via their spam filters. 

They have given me some advice to take forward in order to help you further though.

They have mentioned that the issue could be in regards to your own filters set up associated with sending/receiving specific emails, meaning that it would make normal emails flag as suspected spam which end up in your spam/junk folder.

I have a couple of links here which will give you some tips and tricks on how to control and amend your spam filter settings -

Spam Filter Settings

Incoming/Outgoing Email Issues

I hope this helps get things back on track for you.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
CLIVETELFER
Tuning in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Megan, have checked all Spam and filter settings and it is clearly not that. The person who successfully received the newsletter from Intelligent Golf has identical settings to me. Have the security team been in contact with Intelligent Golf to try and get this issue resolved? I believe not as they supposedly will only talk to Virgin Media users such as myself. There has to be a reason why some people with ntlworld.com email messages get the newsletters but others don't. The only way for this to be resolved is if the two parties agree to talk to each other. All very frustrating!

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It is an iron rule of the email system worldwide that a message sent but not received, because the message was rejected by the recipients ISP,  leaves a trail.  There will be a record of it. No question. No argument. That is because the recipients ISP in rejecting the mail or not delivering it must send a message back to the sender's ISP or ESP (email service provider) with coded reasons why the mail was not delivered.

Get hold of one of those rejection messages by asking Intelligent Golf (IG) yourself, if you are a victim. Or get a victim to ask for the rejection message.  Then post it here with suitable redactions to disguise full email addresses - just remove the name before the @ symbol.

Now VM have security has said that the issue is not with them.  I think they mean that the VM incoming mail servers are not deliberately rejecting emails from IG. That may be true but it is possible that if IG are sending mail in large batches to VM addresses on one day the VM servers will delay or reject delivery because the mail looks like spam.

If you want this resolved this is the way forward. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
CLIVETELFER
Tuning in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Megan. Am going to see the golf club's manager tomorrow and will pass on the message to him do he can take up with IG. Will keep you posted. Thks again.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

With respect to Megan, why is she involved in my exchange with you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
CLIVETELFER
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Apologies Howard I had not noticed the post was from yourself. The only person I have heard from before was Megan.