cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

mdarwin
Joining in

Following this weeks Email problems with Virgin.

I have my email which is an old ntlworld account via Outlook working on my PC, tablet and one old android phone but my latest android phone stubbornly refuses to load any emails and refuses the password.

Anyone have any explanation for this. 

My main email is a secondary account which I used to password change off the primary account but now no longer seem able to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mdarwin, 

Thank you for updating the thread. 

Can you please remove the app and the app data from the handset. 

Once this is done, can you please run a anti virus scan and then complete a password reset via a browser. 

Please then reinstall the app and attempt to login using your new password? 

Thank you, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI mdarwin, 

Thank you for your post. 

We apologise again to those individuals who have been experiencing issues with their email services since Monday. Our teams are continuing to work on restoring all users’ access as a priority and we will do this as soon as possible.

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi 

Is there an update.

My email seems to be working on my phone but not on my PC and I still don’t have access to emails received/sent before Tuesday am - including all my archive folders which I need to recover.

Hello markree1

Thanks for posting in regards to the email account issues.

We apologise again to those individuals who have been experiencing issues with their email services since Monday. Our teams are continuing to work on restoring all users’ access as a priority and we will do this as soon as possible. 

Rob

Hi Ryan

I still cannot login to my emails on the android outlook client although I can get on via the outlook client on my PC.

I have tried the same password as works on the PC but it does not accept it. I can get through to emails via the webmail of my virgin media on my phone but it is not as good as the app. Can you explain to me what I need to do to get this working.

Regards

Michael Darwin

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mdarwin, 

Thank you for updating the thread. 

Can you please remove the app and the app data from the handset. 

Once this is done, can you please run a anti virus scan and then complete a password reset via a browser. 

Please then reinstall the app and attempt to login using your new password? 

Thank you, 

Nat

Hi Natalie thanks for replying to me. I deleted the account from the outlook app and then set it up again. I then used the new password in the mobile app and after a couple of time outs it worked. Not quite certain as to why the mobile app account didn't like the new password without deleting and setting up the account when the PC app did but it is working now so that's all that matters

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply mdarwin. 

Its great to hear the app is now working and you are able to login. 

We apologise for the inconvenience and ask that you do reach out if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi, My secondary emails ending virgin.net have suddenly stopped working. I have been in touch with customer services, who have raised tickets, told me the situation would be resolved in 48 hours, then 3 hours(yesterday) and now just been told that there is a wider email reorganisation going on. Customer have had no advance notification of this.

Today the customer services person admitted this could go on the whole of August? or maybe longer..Can you advise?

Where is this issue being addressed and customers being kept informed?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Weeb1 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your virgin.net email accounts. Can you expand further on the issue, and we'll do our best to help? Are you have trouble signing in to 3rd-party apps such as Outlook, iOS Mail, etc? Are you able to access the accounts when signing in through our Mail Client here?

In regard to your mention of an issue, we are currently investigating an issue that some customers have raised in regard to accessing their mailboxes, and are working to resolve this. 

Cheers, 

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ