Menu
Reilly01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Email problems

Hi, my partner has been unable to login to her email for the last 2 days now. When logging in with correct user and password  we keep getting the message below....

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Any help on this matter please ?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email problems

Whilst waiting for the VM Forum Team to respond please ask your partner to change the password on the account.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Is the account concerned a secondary account on your VM account or does your partner have their own VM broadband account?  If the latter then they will need to create their own community account in order for the VM Forum Staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reilly01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply it is a secondary email on my account that has been in use for many years. We have tried the change password method and still the same.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok, the VM Forum Team will be along in due course to assist you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Reilly01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Graham thankyou it is working now, my partner just retried to login with new password and it fired up many thanks. How do I close this thread now ?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good news that it is working again.

There isn't actually a process to close the thread.  Clicking one of my replies as a helpful answer will flag the thread as solved.  The Forum Team will probably still reply in due course to check that everything is still working ok.

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Reilly01,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that your partner was having trouble accessing their email account, but I'm really pleased that you've been able to sort this. 

Graham's advice was spot on throughout this thread, so I don't really have much more to add. Is everything still working ok?

If you have any further queries or concerns, please do get back in touch as we're always happy to help 🙂

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Reilly01
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel , 

Firstly many thanks for your reply and sorry I haven't replied as I thought my issue was fixed.

I am now getting an error message saying 403 forbidden when trying to log into my email. This is on a secondary email for my partner , my email is working fine. This happens on all different platforms ie phone tablets and laptop.

Hope someone can help !

0 Kudos
Reilly01
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Forbidden error message

Hi is there anyone that can help with my partners secondary email that keeps saying forbidden when we try to log in ? 

This is happening on laptop, tablet and phone. Just to clarify my email the primary is working fine. A few weeks ago she was locked out of her account and now this has happened. Been on the phone for several hours just going round in circles so am hoping I get better luck on here. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forbidden error message

Good morning @Reilly01

Thank you for coming back to us. 

We are going to need to raise an IT ticket for the forbidden error, in order to do so I will need to pass DPA with you. 

Ill drop you a PM now. 

Kind Regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos