Menu
nancytownsend
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Email problem

Can anybody help me?

I haven't had access to one of my email accounts since the early hours of Thursday 7th. (I can access the other email accounts okay) When I try to sign in it comes up with: 

"Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

I think the system updated when I wasn't looking. When I just checked, the version now is: Version 81.0.4044.127 (Official Build) (64-bit).

My husband's Chromebook has exactly the same problem. This only seems to be affecting one out of the four email accounts we have with Virgin Media.

We have also tried on a smartphone and a Hudl - the same problem.

I have tried phoning Virgin Media about this but cannot get past their automated system which just restarts my broadband.

Is there anything you can suggest to help with this, or are we going to have to reset to factory settings and see what happens?

I hope you can help and thank you for your time.

Regards,

Nancy.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email problem

The mailbox in question will have to be reset by VM before you can use it again. 

There are several reasons why this may happen. But the big one at the moment is that the account credentials have been compromised and spammers are using the account to send spam, which you'd never know about.

If the account in question is visible in My Virginmedia then you must change the password immediately. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

If the password process doesn't work you may need to use the forgotten password process to do this:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-username-and-password

Finally you will then have to wait here for one of the VM Forum Team to arrange to get the mailbox unlocked - watch this thread for advice from them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nancytownsend
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help HowardML,

I've successfully changed the password and hope to hear from the VM Forum Team soon.

Regards,

Nancy.

0 Kudos
densmum
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I hope it gets sorted soon. It is definitely a technical issue and it's been looked in for me too.

nancytownsend
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi densmum,

I can see you've had this problem for longer than me so it doesn't look as though it's going to be resolved any time soon. Fingers crossed you get into your emails soon.

Regards,

Nancy.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey nancytownsend,

I have looked into the background of your account and changed the status of your mailbox. Please can you try and log into your account again, then let me know if it works or not.

Regards

Steven_L

nancytownsend
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Hooray! Whatever you did it worked. I've got access to my emails again. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Nancy.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No problem Nancy, we had to re-enable your mailbox,not sure what caused it but I'm glad to hear that it's worked for you.

Thanks

Steven_L

nancytownsend
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

I've just found something weird in my sent mail folder. Could we discuss it somewhere more private?

Regards,

Nancy.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes I can send over a private message for you now and if you can respond to that, we can look into this.

Look out for a private message from me in a few moments. We will need to pass account security and can then look into your issue.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos