Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email problem

Unable to send or receive email over vm wifi and cable connections via outlook. If I use my mobile I'm also unable to gain emails over WiFi, however I can send and receive them over mobile data.  

All of my up cctv are hard wired and cannot sent email notifications via vm. I can still view live cctv via WiFi.

Anyone help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email problem

@Gavnor wrote:

Unable to send or receive email over vm wifi and cable connections via outlook. If I use my mobile I'm also unable to gain emails over WiFi, however I can send and receive them over mobile data. 

What error messages are you seeing, please quote any numbers verbatim as the Microsoft error codes are very specific. 

All of my up cctv are hard wired and cannot sent email notifications via vm. I can still view live cctv via WiFi.

Most likely the same issue - again are there any logs with error messages?

Anyone help?

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

0x800ccc0e

Outlook cannot synchronize folder.

The ip cams say cannot connect to server

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

The Microsoft error code echoes what your cameras are reporting - that the email clients cannot connect to the server 😞

As you can connect over mobile data, that tells me that your settings should be correct.  Can you confirm the servers you are using and the port settings?  You should be using.

imap.virginmedia.com port 993 or pop3.virginmedia.com port 995 (both use SSL/TLS) for incoming and smtp.virginmedia.com port 465 with SSL/TLS for outgoing.

Can you also post both ping and tracert to the incoming and outgoing servers?

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos