Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Email password

Hi Guys

Probably an easy one to sort.

I want to change my email password as I think it's been compromised, various things have alerted me.

Anyway, I thought it had changed it earlier but I use outlook as my mail client and it logged straight back in and retrieved my emails so obviously it didn't change otherwise I would have had to change in in the Outlook account too?

Can anyone advise me, please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email password

Unfortunately there does seem to be a delay between changing passwords at the VM end and this being recognised by some email clients.

I believe it is something to do with the frequency at which email clients recheck saved credentials against the host database.

This has been raised many times before with the VM staff.

For the avoidance of doubt the following explains how to change VM passwords:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

After you have made the change sign out of the account on any email client you use, such as MS Outlook. For a belt and braces approach restart the device(s) and then log back in with your new password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos