Menu
DJH3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email on chromebook

Recently I have been unable to access my emails on my Chromebook. Sometimes it shows HTTP error 400. It also appears that the app it uses is no longer operating. When I have checked for a new app it appears that the android app is not compatible with the Chromebook. How can I access my emails?

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email on chromebook

@DJH3 wrote:

unable to access my emails on my Chromebook. Sometimes it shows HTTP error 400.

Presumably that is when you are trying to access your email account via the Virgin Media Webmail service on the VM  website? The error 400 is usually caused by a corrupt or out of date browser cookie. You should try clearing the cookies on your Chromebook, see here how to do that  https://www.techimaze.com/clear-cache-browsing-history-chromebook/ 

Give that a try and see if that clears the problem.

"It also appears that the (presumably email) app (on your Chromebook)  it uses is no longer operating."

Probably not related to your error 400 problem but best to get access to your Webmail account by following the above advice before trying to troubleshoot the app.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
DJH3
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much that has sorted it out when I went in advanced tab and cleared many of these too. Cheers

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@DJH3 wrote:

Thanks so much that has sorted it out

No problem. 👍

Good to hear you are up and running again.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos