cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email on Outlook for Android

IamFatman
Tuning in

Morning,

Like a lot of people, I had problems with email. After doing various password resets and waiting, things have got better and my emails on Outlook on my PC are coming through loud and clear now. However I am still unable to receive emails using Outlook on my Android phone.

I have compared all settings and passwords against my PC version of the account and even deleted and re-added the account on the phone but still no emails through my phone.

Any advice?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with emails via Outlook.

Please try the below steps :

Sign in to My Virgin Media
Go to Account settings, then Account details
Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked

Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Vikki, I did that numerous times just to get my email on PC back. I don't want to change my app password again in case it jeopardises the connection to my PC.

Surely if the the credentials I use for my PC are in working order, then the same credentials should apply on my Androids phone?

Thanks

Just as an update, and to check that the problem is not Outlook,  I have just tried to install GMail on my phone to connect to my email account and still received the incorrect user name and password error.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there,

I'll pop you over a private message so I can assist you in more depth.

Thank you

Beth