cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working

andyedinburgh
Joining in

I have Virgin.net email address and it hasn't been working since Monday. I get a page that says my account is currently unavailable and suggests I reset my password.

I have done this multiple times and can log into the virgin media site but if i click onto email i get the same problem.

I've looked on this board and keep reading the wider problems are being fixed, but i can't access any emails - old or new.

Help would be very gratefully received.

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andyedinburgh 👋 welcome back to the community. Thank you for posting!
We apologise again to those individuals who have been experiencing issues with their email services since Monday. Our teams are continuing to work on restoring all users’ access as a priority and we will do this as soon as possible.

You can find further updates and information regarding this email issue here 👉 Email issue - Page 4 - Virgin Media Community - 5345262   

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Thanks Molly, i see from the update that everything is supposed to be fixed now and we should be able to send and receive emails

However, when i try to log into the mail.virgin.net i can get into virgin media ok but if i got to webmail it says my account is locked so to reset my password for virgin media and also regenerate a password for use in outlook etc.

I've done all of this several times but i still get the same email not currently available screen

Can you help please? I don't know what else to do. Have tried incognito mode etc in case it's cookies or something.

Thank you in advance

Thanks James, I've tried that including contacting support. I got in touch with someone but because i don't have an active paid account with virgin anymore ( i used to but years ago) they can't look up my account to help me

They shut down emails for inactive/closed accounts.

Perhaps yours has been closed/removed due to this reason.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Thanks for getting back to me Andyedinburgh! 

Sorry to hear that you are still having some issues accessing your email. I've also just seen you have posted to advise you are no longer an active customer with us, and have not been for several years?

Unfortunately this limits what support we can provide, as your email address should be closed down within 90 days of you terminating services with us. You can see more about this here 👉 How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help (in the section at the bottom.)
I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can check the email address has been deleted for you. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly