Menu
ClairG
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Email not working

I can receive emails to my blueyonder email address but I cannot send them.  I also cannot access my emails my Virgin online it says the mailbox is unavailable?  Can someone advise me please

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email not working

Are you a paying VM broadband customer and if so is the email address visible in My Virginmedia?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@ClairG Is this the same email address that you were having issues with in January that the VM Forum Team were helping you with then?

Solved: Not able to get emails on Iphone 6s - Virgin Media Community - 4577946

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

ClairG
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is the same - it worked and then stopped working and I was also able to send and receive emails via my email online through here?

0 Kudos
ClairG
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes and Yes 🙂

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I think this is all a bit odd. VM are going to have to take a look at your mailbox again.  It might be a good idea to go into My Virginmedia and change your password to see if that unlocks your web mail.  What does concern me is if your address is getting these repeated lock-outs it might be an indication that your account credentials( password) have become compromised and VM have locked your account because they have detected that spam is being sent using those credentials.

The VM Forum Team will reach this thread soon and will be able to help if a new password doesn't do the trick.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ClairG,  

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting back on here, 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your emails but we can certainly look into this for you. 

When you say you can't send emails, what happens? Does the email just come back to you? Or is there an error code that appears? 

Would you mind just also follow @HowardML advice regarding your password just to see if you can access your mail. 

If there are no changes, we can take a closer look into this for you. 

Thanks

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ClairG
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

When I try and send emails it says the username or password for [MOD EDIT: Removed] is incorrect.

When I try and log onto my emails via virgin media it says the mailbox is unavailable 

I have just changed my password as per your advice

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's great thanks @ClairG

Is it sill doing the same thing when you have changed your password? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ClairG
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is 

0 Kudos