Menu
Arpeebee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email not working

My email has stopped working about an hour ago. I have changed my password but nothing has altered. Can you please help?

It's a virgin.net address

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email not working

@Arpeebee wrote:

My email has stopped working about an hour ago. I have changed my password but nothing has altered. Can you please help?

It's a virgin.net address

Assuming that you are still a Virgin Media Broadband customer, there has been an ongoing problem with Virgin Media's email service for a while now. See here for details https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-403-Mailbox-Unavailable-errors/td-p/4294661/page/... 

Keep an eye on that thread but one of the Forum Team (Virgin Media Employees) will contact you via this forum and get the necessary details from you to get the issue sorted. In the meantime do not post your email address here.

If you are no longer a VM Broadband customer you also need to read this https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073 

Coenoby
I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arpeebee,

I noticed that you have posted in countless other people's posts over the last few days, but I finally found your own thread.  Please stop doing that, it really makes extra work for the forum staff.  This thread should be sufficient.

I took the liberty of looking through all your posts going back a few years.  It really isn't clear if you have an active broadband account with Virgin Media, which is required for use of the email servers.  The closest I could find is a post in March 2016 where you say  "Kept asking for my account number etc though... Not got one as Im an old Tiscali customer. Got to change to Outlook I think...."

I am writing this partly for you and partly to be informative to any other community member who reads this thread in future.

If you don't have VM broadband, the only assistance the Forum Team can give is to delete the mailbox from their system to protect your data.

If you do have VM broadband, please confirm if the virgin.net address is linked to the billing account (see photos).  If not linked at the moment, the Forum Team will be able to investigate if a Move & Transfer is possible.

my services.pngnew account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

According to a reply on one of the many other posts by this user their account has already been unlocked by the Forum Team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That is good news. Thanks Graham_A. 

Best wishes to you, Arpeebee 🙂

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos