cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working, unlock account instructions won’t work

Ali20222222222
Joining in

Hi, I have a virgin.net account. initially about 3 weeks ago I lost all emails which was reported as a known issue and I received the mails from virgin saying they were dealing. Then about 5 days ago all emails stopped. Password doesn’t work and if I try to logon webpage I am told account is locked. I follow all the reset options but nothing works. Furthest I get is trying to reset password but no matter what password I try (making sure it is acceptable per the criteria) it does not accept it. 

10 REPLIES 10

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ali20222222222,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.

We apologise for the issues with the email service. 

Can you please confirm if you have an active Virgin Media service such as broadband, Tv, phone or mobile?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi, no, it’s just a virgin.net email address that I’ve had for maybe 20 years and it’s my principal address. 

Hi @Ali20222222222 thanks for your reply.

Okay, can you confirm please if you are still a Virgin Media customer or do you no longer have an account with us?

Many thanks

Tom_W

No I don’t have any virgin media services (though I have a VM login). I  just use the @virgin.net mail. 

IMG_1434.png

and that’s as far as I can get trying to reset the password. The password is in an acceptable format as you can see by the green “strong”

Thank you for the response. In this case, you may be experiencing an orphan email account. Typically we close email accounts attached to your online account after 90 days https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media Sometimes this closure does not take place until a manual sweep is done by our team. To confirm this, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, I have responded. The account has been my main account for several years. Also I was one of those affected by all the historic emails that were lost a few weeks ago and a was getting updates, the last that it would be fixed by Mon 17th July. 

Thank you for letting us know @Ali20222222222 

I have just sent you a response. Please respond when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ali20222222222
Joining in

You cannot be telling me (per the direct message) that my account has been deleted? The usage terms were always that @virgin.net mails would still be operative as long as they were regularly used, which i have done. This is my absolute primary email, all banks, health, everything is connected to it. I was receiving messages from you that all would be restored by 17th July - so how can it then be right that everything was deleted????