cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working 10+ days (ntlworld)

Silvermoose
Joining in

Haven't been able to access my email for over a week

Tried to reset the password but it wouldnt let me, I wonder if it's because I have an old ntlworld account from before it became virgin

Thanks for your help

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Silvermoose 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you've been having issues with accessing your emails, it's certainly odd how you are unable to log in and reset your password 🤔 Just to confirm, is your email linked to an active VM account?

Let us know, we'll certainly be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

No I left virgin media it got too expensive and no one was prepared to lower it, even though I'd been a customer for about 20 years. My email is an old ntlworld one.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

In theory, when you leave us and close the account we would remove this address automatically within 90 days of your cancellation however - sometimes they can slip through the net, but when the system picks them up they can delete the email automatically with no warning, as it should have been closed 90 days from cancelling. 

I will send you over a private message to confirm some details. 

I just wanted to outline the above to you just in case that is what has happened here - as we're unable to restore any mailbox once deleted. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Surely it's appalling that this has happened.  It is so important to me, this email and to suddenly just disappear with no warning I think is terrible 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am not 100% confirming that to be the case, I just need to advise you of the possibilities. 

It is listed within our terms and conditions which are agreed to when taking out a contact - they can be found here: https://virg.in/legals what covers this would be section D - marked as number: 6. 

I will respond to your private message and double check everything for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.