cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not verified

catriona79
Tuning in

6 weeks ago my blueyonder.email account stopped working out of the blue.  I cannot access it on my phone, computer or tablet.  I called Virginmedia and my password was reset but this made no difference.  I can access my virginmedia email account fine but not the blueyonder one.  I have phoned numerous times and have spoken to email help, broadband help and the gadget team and no-one can fix it.  I am waiting for a call from the IT team.  They called the other night but as I couldn't answer, they just left a message asking me to call Virginmedia again and now I am back to square one.

When I try to access it, it says "the username or password is incorrect or POP3/ IMAP access isn't turned on for this account"  I have also had messages saying "couldn't verify account" "there is a problem signing into the account"  "The provided login data to access e-mail server imap4.blueyonder.co.uk seems to be wrong. Please correct them."  If I try to add my email account is says "this email address is already in use"

Virgin media say they cannot see the account (although one person told me he could). 

I am at the end of my tether.  Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the face of it it sounds as if your blueyonder email address is not tied to your current VM broadband account.  This can happen if you move or otherwise change the account details without transfering the email address concerned to the new account.

You should be able to check this yourself by logging into your primary My Virgin Media account and looking at the My Profile and Manage Accounts tabs to see if the email address concerned is listed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham,

The address is not listed in My Virgin media manage accounts tab.

I have been using this email address for over a decade and as far as I know nothing changed and I haven't moved.  It just happened randomly overnight.  It worked at bedtime one night and stopped working at 7am the next morning.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That isn't good news I'm afraid.  The VM Forum Team should reach this thread tomorrow and will be able to investigate why the address isn't appearing on your account.

I should add that I can't think of a scenario where you have a primary email address on the virginmedia.com domain and a secondary blueyonder email address, given that the blueyonder domain pre dates Virginmedia.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you.  I appreciate your help.

I had an extension done on the house about 5 years ago and had to move out for a bit then get reconnected so I guess you could say I "moved" hence why it's set up this way but it's all worked find for all the years since moving back in. 

Hi there @catriona79

Thank you so much for your post and thank you to @Graham_A for all their help! 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can take another look into this but if the email is no longer attached to an active broadband account then it is most likely this has been deleted and I will not be able to reactivate it. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.