Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Email not reaching reaching recipient - (VM603) dbZ8jaQzCpICjdbZBjAOoa

Hi

Getting this message when I send a reply to an email - (VM603) dbZ8jaQzCpICjdbZBjAOoa. 

I understand it may be to do with including URLs in the email, which I have in my reply, although I have never encountered this problem before in sending thousands of emails.

I am using MS Outlook (Windows 10).

Can you provide a solution?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email not reaching reaching recipient - (VM603) dbZ8jaQzCpICjdbZBjAOoa

Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours. Should the problem persist then you will need to wait for a forum team member to correlate the unique reference shown in the Spam Content error message with the email team to determine the exact cause; be aware it may take the forum team a few hours / days to work through to your post.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Will the email automatically be sent once the spam filter is cleared or will I have to send the email again myself?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@PhilParry wrote:

Will the email automatically be sent once the spam filter is cleared or will I have to send the email again myself?

The spam content warning aborts the send process so you will need to send it again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Actually this is incorrect and especially this is not an answer to the issue.

I have been suffering from this issue for over 7 weeks now. I have 2 tickets opened with VM, I work with emails/Internet since 1995 and found extremely frustrating that the VM support person who is supposed to help me with this doesn't know what SMTP is.

The issue revolves around sending emails, with certain domains in the body regardless if that's an email or a web URL and DOES NOT clear itself automatically. It really doesn't.

For other users reporting this:

VM603 appears in the message bounced back when you use ntlworld.com or smtp.virginmedia.com as the SMTP server. If you tell VM about VM603 they dismiss it quickly saying they don't support external email addresses or thick clients or other stupid reasons...

If you send the very same message body (once again source and destination email addresses are just irrelevant), you will get a slightly different error: SMTP602

So do yourself a favour report the latter issue instead.

I use email for work like many others having these emails I'm sending out bouncing back is affecting my business.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@bellocarico wrote:

I use email for work like many others having these emails I'm sending out bouncing back is affecting my business.

I've had a quick look at some of your other posts over the years.  You should realise that this community forum is for the VM residential broadband service.  Your VM email addresses and the VM residential servers are not meant for business use.

And VMs servers (if I understand correctly what I've been reading on various posts in this forum) need special set up to be used for your own domain (stuff like DMARC and SPF, etc).  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Sending-email-using-your-own-domain/td-p/3716147/

Perhaps you need to get a business supplier that will support your business email requirements?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

I have just tried to resend the email again hoping that the spam filter issue had been resolved, but again got the bounce back message and error code.

VM need to get their act together on this asap - the email I am sending simply contains a number of hyperlinks to websites which I have identified to help the intended recipient with an issue they are dealing with. I have sent thousands of such emails over the years with no problems, so what has changed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@PhilParry wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

I have just tried to resend the email again hoping that the spam filter issue had been resolved, but again got the bounce back message and error code.

VM need to get their act together on this asap - the email I am sending simply contains a number of hyperlinks to websites which I have identified to help the intended recipient with an issue they are dealing with. I have sent thousands of such emails over the years with no problems, so what has changed?

As the issue has persisted I have flagged your post to the forum team who will liaise with the email team to identify the cause.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: reply from Miss Pasko

My email that I am having problems with was in the form of a reply to an email sent to me on my personal VM account.  I also tried copying my reply and sending it as a discrete email on its own - with the same result.

This should be basic functionality of any email system, and as said previously I have never had a problem before.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@PhilParry wrote:

Re: reply from Miss Pasko

My email that I am having problems with was in the form of a reply to an email sent to me on my personal VM account.  I also tried copying my reply and sending it as a discrete email on its own - with the same result.

This should be basic functionality of any email system, and as said previously I have never had a problem before.

I apologise for butting-in, PhilParry.  I did not intend to confuse you - my reply was to bellocarico who feels he/she has the same problem and mentioned a business suffering.  If he/she has any further issues, we'll take it to a new thread.  Best wishes!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos