cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email migration

miker2138
Joining in

Hello, 

My fiancé has an @ntlworld email address which is on her parents virgin media account

We have a virgin media account with you too. How can we get the email migrated without disruption to the email address? 

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, an email address cannot be moved between accounts; there are specific circumstances under which an account's email addresses can be moved to another account.

Consider taking this opportunity to migrate your email needs over to an independent  email service to benefit from:

• not being tied to a service due to fear of losing another service it is linked to, i.e. termination of Virgin Media broadband service results in permanent deletion of email accounts after 90 days
  • security that is likely equal to or greater than the services it will be used with, i.e. multifactor authentication
  • better spam filtering

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Where is this documented please?

“there are specific circumstances under which an account's email addresses can be moved to another account.“

Hi @miker2138

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, we would not be able to move an email to another account. This can be found in our terms and condition section D.6. which states  "Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person". You can find more information on emails in our Acceptable use policy

If the account the email address is going to close then I recommend you follow @用心棒 advise and ​​​​​​take this opportunity to migrate your email needs over to an independent email service. Once an account has closed you will lose access to this email address after 90 days.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley