cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email log is tedious and very time consuming

Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time I try to log into my emails I have problems and  am now really fed up with clicking on pictures so many times showing Motorcycles, Buses,Traffic Lights, Bicycles, Bridges, Crosswalks etc., it just goes on for ever  and I eventually give up.  I am now looking elswhere to get an email account where I do't have to keep clicking on pictures forever and still cannot log in.

I clear my cache and history regularly but cannot fathom out why I have this problem but have really had enough of it as it is so time consuming.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous Regularly clearing the browser cache will only make the issue with recaptcha worse.  If you keep the cookies relating to Virgin Media mail intact you should be prompted less often by the picture challenge.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous Regularly clearing the browser cache will only make the issue with recaptcha worse.  If you keep the cookies relating to Virgin Media mail intact you should be prompted less often by the picture challenge.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FWIW: if appropriate consider trying the audio challenge instead where a single word from read phrase is usually enough to pass the challenge.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

Every time I try to log into my emails I have problems and  am now really fed up with clicking on pictures so many times showing Motorcycles, Buses,Traffic Lights, Bicycles, Bridges, Crosswalks etc.

I am not sure why but for me it does seem to be related to which browser I am using.

Most of the time I use Firefox and for quite a while now I have been getting that reCAPTCHA challenge screen pretty much every time I sign in to VM using Firefox.

Sometimes I use Edge and Opera and strangely enough I never seem to get challenged when signing in to VM from either of those browsers.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.