Menu
cheggars2020
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Email log in problems

Is anyone out there experiencing problems with there email ??

My wife and I cannot access our email through my laptop. I have an old NTLworld.com log in, my Wife has Virginmedia.com log in both Usernames are coming back as unrecognised!! Is this a problem VirginMedia are experiencing with there email system??.

Regards

Cheggars2020

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email log in problems

Welcome to the community.

Which one of these addresses is your Primary username - i.e the one you use to log into My Virgin Media to see your bill details etc?

When you do sign into My Virgin Media https://my.virginmedia.com/  with the primary username do you see both email addresses under the My Profile and/or  Manage Accounts tabs?

If you aren't sure which is your primary username you can check it via: virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cheggars2020
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

Thanks for the advice. But it would appear that both my Wife and I are no longer able to change our usernames or password!!!

I'm wondering if, because I'm no longer with Virginmedia they have blocked access to my email through their site. Though no one has notified me that they would do such a thing.

I'm still puzzled as to why out usernames are no longer recognised?

I've tried ringing Virginmedia but it's hopeless and I've tried online chat but again it's hopeless, as wait times are horrendous as you'd expect in these terrible times.

Thanks Cheggars.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the additional information cheggars2020, when a customer leaves Virgin Media their email accounts will remain open for 90 days. Once this has passed the mailbox is then closed.

It can take longer than the 90 days in some instances but this may explain the reason you're no longer able to access the mailbox.

Rob

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I would like to add to Robert_P's excellent advice.  Run all your email addresses through https://mailtester.com

If they come back as RED, no problem, the mailbox is completely deleted and can never be used, recreated or abused.

If green/valid, then come straight back here and ask for the mailbox to be manually deleted as you don't want any trouble in the future.  Best wishes to you cheggars2020 and mrs cheggars2020.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Woodit
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem logging on. Repeatedly told Iam not on their system. Then my e-mail not being recognised. All I want to do is find out when my contract expires. Seems they don't want me to know. The same thing through my mobile log in. So frustrating as they are not answering the phone as all on automation.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello Woodit

Sorry to hear of the email access issues, we appreciate you taking the time to post this on the forum.

If you have access to your online account you can view your current deal and the expiry date there.

What happens when you try to access your email? Do you get a specific error message? Have you tried using the forgotten password process on the sign in page?

Thanks

Rob

cheggars2020
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob. 

Thanks for the reply. Why have Virgin suddenly started doing this? I’ve been with Comcast / Ntl / Virgin for well over 20 years on and off  and have kept the same email through out. I have all my important emails stored on this service including my recent holiday booking. 

Why were we not notified of this prior to the closure. I can still access my email through my IPad / IPhone but would like to be able to access through my Laptop. 

I have checked all Virgin emails to myself and my Wife and not one says that the email account will be closed. I think Virgin will do themselves a lot of damage with passed clients by dong  this.

Look forward to your reply. 

Cheggars2020

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cheggars2020, 

I understand your frustration and concern, we do try to notify customers about the closure before this happens via email or letter. 

I am afraid that now the account has been disconnected, there is no way to get the Email activated again. 

Sorry for the inconvenience with this.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
cheggars2020
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan 

Thanks for your reply. 

You have no idea of the inconvenience and misery that Virginmedia have caused my Wife and I. I’m now having to go through dozens of companies that contact me via my NTL World email address which I have used for at least 15 - 20 years or possibly longer.

You can’t imagine how annoying this is. I think Virginmedia should of at least sent out an email to people with either a read receipt to show that it had been opened. Or an acknowledgment tab so that all concerned knew what was going to happen. There was no announcement made on your website either!!

I’m going to contact BBC Watchdog to try and find out how many other unfortunate people like myself & my Wife, this has happened to and how many received any form of notification. 

Cheggars2020