cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email locked

Alibongo57
Joining in

Hello VM

We've had a problem with locked emails now since 5th November 21.  My parter and I use 2 x iPhones and an iMac for our emails and had the same emails since 2008.  I've had over 15 phone calls to VM and spent many many hours trying to resolve the problem.  According to VM there has been suspicious activity on the primary holders email account resulting in both accounts being locked.  We've been told the problem has been escalated to the level 2 IT department who initially provided the same solution as the level 1 help team.  They also promised a phone call back today at 6pm which never took place.  The problem has once again been escalated  to the level 2 IT team.  We were told to carry out the following tasks:- 

1) run antivirus software on both phones and mac which we have now completed using AV software.  

2) change our passwords to something new and unique - this has been completed.  

3)  Switch off iPhone / iMac for 30 mins and emails should be up and running

Despite carrying out all the above tasks none have worked.  After 16 days without emails this is yet to be resolved and has been submitted back to the level 2 IT team.  This is now beyond a joke.  

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alibongo57 wrote:

1) run antivirus software on both phones and mac which we have now completed using AV software.  

2) change our passwords to something new and unique - this has been completed.  
3)  Switch off iPhone / iMac for 30 mins and emails should be up and running

Unless your email accounts are periodically being unlocked to test for the behaviour that resulted in the lock it is hard to see how the above advice helps.

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who will hopefully be able to provide an update concerning Level 2 support; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Alibongo57,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Very sorry to hear of the trouble you've had with your email account, so I can take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm