Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Email issues

I would appreciate any help I have tried ringing VM with no success and their live chat has been no help whatsoever. Up until yesterday I had no issues, but now when I send an email it is stuck in the outbox for what seems an eternity, and incoming emails are taking an age to come through, I am on blueyonder.co.uk Email address, I am using iPad and iPhone and never had any previous issues. Live chat suggested deleting email address and changing password, all of which I have done But to no avail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email issues

There are some email issues at present but they are mostly affecting pop3 and imap when receiving rather than sending, although, I did have some issues last evening with slow sending.

See this 'sticky' thread: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Intermittent-Email-Issue-POP3/m-p/4284151#M194013

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Email

Despite the notice saying the issue with no/slow response email I am still finding mine annoyingly slow with some messages saying server is not responding, this is not good enough, again all live chat advise is to change password/restart/delete app, they are obviously just following a script.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email

Try again and post any error messages you get. That may help to see why the issue doesn't appear fixed for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MalandBren75 

I had already escalated your thread to the Forum Team for a response, as you seem to suffering from a different issue.

This was not easy to determine yesterday due to the wider problem.

I hope they will get back to you this evening.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MalandBren75 

I take it you are using the Mail program that comes with the Ipad - is that correct?

I've just tried sending a mail and it went through straight away.  Yet I appreciate that you said yours was sitting in the Outbox - did it eventually send?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It went eventually but same also happens using VM homepage via my virgin media 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you do me a favour.

Stop clicking Helpful answer to everything.  On this Forum Helpful Answer refers to the post that actually solves your issues.

You can unmark posts that don't solve your issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry did not realise I was keep pressing helpful answers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you having issues browsing the net?  The reason I ask is that the problem might not actually be email related, but could instead be a problem with your connection in general.

Tim

0 Kudos