Menu
eoconnor
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Email issues

It's the first time I've been on here so bear with me. I've been having dreadful issues accessing my ntlworld email on my phone, laptop and desktop.  I phoned VM several weeks ago and was advised by them that the issue was their fault and to access my email through webmail, guess what, can't even do that. In addition I've had to delete my Instagram and Twitter accounts due to hacking, I think, caused by my email. As my ntlworld email has been up and running for many years I can't understand why I can't access it now at a time when you can't even contact VM due to covid19. I've had to go through and change my email address to gmail in order to access my bills and other important stuff. I'm so fed up with Virgin media and when this is all over will look to change broadband provider. Any advice welcome.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email issues

Hi eoconnor, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened. Have you tried to reset your email address password to regain access to it? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
eoconnor
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin, thanks for your message. I was advised by VM to use their webmail on My Virgin Media, which I have done with my main password. You should be able to access webmail through the site but it states that my mailbox isn't available and to try again in one hour. I am still unable to access it as have many other people judging by the comments on here.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I note you didn't answer Martin's question re changing the password.  Others on here have reported that they have been able to regain access by changing the password.

If you change the password and still get the same mailbox locked message you will need to wait for the Forum Team to get it unlocked for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI eoconnor, we will send you a private message ^Chris 

0 Kudos
eoconnor
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have reset my password recently and on numerous occasions due to hacking. I am at a loss as to what to do next to access my ntlworld email.  A member of the VM team contacted me by personal message but there has been no further contact.  I am now using a gmail address for greater security but still need access to my ntlworld emails.  If this is something that VM has changed with the ntlworld addresses then they need to sort it out for their customers.  Really fed up with Virgin Media as I have spent so much time on this.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI eoconnor, we have referred this to a colleague to investigate this. ^Chris 

0 Kudos