Menu
Clairej71
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Email help

My email was set up 5 years ago when we first had virgin media. My iPhone is saying that my emails can’t be accessed as the details are incorrect and my inbox on my phone hasn’t updated since Friday. I can’t access it through a computer either. My virgin media email is set up to a different email address so that doesn’t work going in that way. It has always worked fine up until recently when I think my email was hacked, because kept getting mailer daemon emails which I hadn’t sent. Is there anything I can do to get into it as there are some emails i there I need. I have set up a new email which is the one I use now.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email help

Hi Clairej71, thanks for your post,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing on old email address. We'll do our best to help, but will need to take a look from here to see what can be done. 

Please look out for my PM requesting some details and get back to me when you can.

Tom

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this @Clairej71. I've sent the relevant IT ticket details via PM and will get back to you here with an update once it's sorted.

Please give us another shout if there's anything else in the meantime.

Tom

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Clairej71 - this has been sorted at our end now. When you've been able to try signing in with your old details can you let me know how that goes? If it's not successful just pop another pm over to me and we'll take another look.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Clairej71
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

just got home from work and tried and I can’t get into myVM now either.

ive tried both my virgin media email address, my gmail & my sky.com. And I’ve tried all with the 3 different passwords I’ve used and none of them is working.

apparently I’ve had an email from my daughters school today about her date she returns, but I cannot access it.

its very frustrating. 
claire

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the confusion & frustration Claire - can you please try re-registering instead? There shouldn't be any problems using the same username now, and once registered the email accounts should be accessible again - if there are any more issues please let me know and I'll go back to IT. 

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Clairej71
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

sorry. I’m being thick again. What’s my account number as I can’t get into my emails to find it!

thanks claire

0 Kudos
Clairej71
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Don’t worry, I’ve found it!

0 Kudos
Clairej71
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Another problem 😞

It’s saying my mailbox is not available at the moment. Try in 1 hour and make sure all devices have the correct password.

So I need to log out on all devices before I can log back in on myVM?

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Clairej71,

Can you tell us what exactly you've tried?

To avoid confusion, can you get into your email address?  Please reset your browser cache and use this webmail link to try and reset it if necessary. Do you still get that error message? We can then look at your online account issue.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos