cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email hacked

Peter-55
Tuning in

I have several ntlworld and virginmedia email accounts. The email allocated to my wife (with her own password) is collected by Outlook.  Her Microsoft account appears to have been hacked, including use of her password. I assume Virgin can view email traffic even if my wife can’t get access to her email via Outlook. She can’t send or receive, and it keeps asking for the account password but not recognising it - presumably changed via the Microsoft hacker. We have reported to Action Fraud and the advice seems to be to set up and use a new email address.  However, I can’t help thinking Virgin can view the email traffic and advise us more specifically on how to resolve this. I see some posts suggesting a telephone chat with a Virgin Teccy is the way forward.  And I also see many posts about recent hacking which is worrying.  Help please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hearbear
Tuning in

Phone Virgin direct and they can change the password for you and then once you are back in you can then change it to what ever you wish, same happened to me and Virgin for once were on the ball and did sort it out quickly.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

hearbear
Tuning in

Phone Virgin direct and they can change the password for you and then once you are back in you can then change it to what ever you wish, same happened to me and Virgin for once were on the ball and did sort it out quickly.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Peter-55, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this. 

I am going to send you a PM, please look out for my message in your inbox. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?