cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email hacked

Waynew
Joining in

Hi I had my email hacked like so many others and I had the email about I have photo's of you etc. I have changed my password 3 times now and for some reason I'm getting return emails saying failed to deliver but I am not sending any emails I don't use it for anything.  The message that was sent just looks like a load of mixed up symbols and the addres is just number's with .com at then end. They also keep trying to set me up a instagram account. Has anyone has this at all. 

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes many Virginmedia email accounts have been hacked. So many that it looks very like a security breach within Virginmedia, but they have not acknowledged it. You are not alone.

The only safe action is to move to another provider. Since VM seem to be running down their email provision you may have to do that eventually anyway. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Waynew, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

You have made another thread about this, we ask that that duplicate posts are not created so that responses are swift and not delayed.
I have replied on the other thread, I have sent a private message - please reply to the private message on the other thread and we can get this sorted.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs