cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email hacked

Smudgeee
Tuning in

Hello

I am no longer a virgin media customer. Someone has hacked into my old blueyonder email account which is still running and they appear to be attempting to access other accounts via this old email address. How can I get this email account deleted please?

I cannot log on and delete the account myself.

I have tried phoning and web chatting to Virgin staff but to no avail. All I get from them is that the account will be deleted after 90 days of my account closing. But a year later it is still active and now hacked

Any help or advice greatly received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @Smudgeee 

The email deletion request has now been raised and the team will work to get this completed within 5 working days. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jem101
Superstar

In a day or so, a member of the forum team (VM employees) will get to this thread and offer to contact you by direct message to get more details and then arrange for the email address to be properly deleted. Note that they can’t do it themselves, but rather escalate the issue to the IT team who can, so depending on their workload and/or more pressing issues, there may still be a delay in getting it done, but this is better than the complete lack of any support, help or understanding that you got from the normal customer services channel, no?

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Smudgeee 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that an older email which should have been deleted after 90 days of your disconnection has been hacked. 

I can certainly request this to be deleted for you. Just to advise once this email is deleted you will lose all emails, so please ensure that you have saved any important emails before this is deleted. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @Smudgeee 

The email deletion request has now been raised and the team will work to get this completed within 5 working days. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hello. I have an old email account too that I need to be gone. I haven’t any access to it any more and someone is changing all my passwords. Help please. 

Hi BOLTA1, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear your email address has been hacked. I can see you also posted on Friday which has since been picked up by my colleague Ayisha. She has raised this with the relevant teams and once she has an update, she'll come back to you directly. 

As a side note, please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread with further information then you can just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

If you have any further issues, please pop back to your original thread or to Ayisha directly.

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Smudgeee
Tuning in

hi! Can someone please get in touch to delete a blueyonder email address? 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Smudgeee  You marked this as solved after dealing with @Carley_S via PM.  Are you now saying that the email address still hasn't been deleted?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This is a different email address that belongs to a family member who has left virgin media but virgin haven't deleted the email after 90 days

Hey @Smudgeee,

Thanks for coming back to us, I can see from the post here it was marked as completed for you, if you are still having issues, do please explain this further and we can certainly look into it for you.

Cheers. Joe