Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email hacked

I am still a Virgin Customer but no longer use the old NTL email - this seems to have been hacked as I have linked my hotmail to it to pick up any stay emails ver the years, but am getting dozens every day.

Please can someone help close this email done - its very concerning that one may slip through the net and get access to my personal details

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked

Hi @stupet11 

Sorry to hear the old ntlworld address seems to have been hacked.

This is something that you should be able to do via My Virgin Media. Just sign in with your primary account (the one you'd use to view bills etc). Hover over/tap My Profile in the menu and click Manage Accounts. You should be able to see the ntlworld address on that page, when you see it just click View/Change next to the address you want to delete.

On the next page just click Delete this account. That will take you to a confirmation screen confirming that all access to the email account will be removed, as well as any accounts using that address for use of apps like TV Go. Just have a quick read and if you're happy with all that tick the box and click Delete. You'll be able to confirm that's been done by going back to the Manage Accounts section.

That's the quickest way to do it, but if it doesn't work for any reason just let me know and we can take care of it for you.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but my email account does not appear under manage accounts

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Anyone help with this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I just got 20 spam messages from this hacked account - really annoying, can someone please help delete this account?

0 Kudos